The LaPorte Cemetery is located in Section 35 on South Smith Crossing Road. The original section was deeded to the Township on August 22, 1868 by Joseph Winslow for the sum of $75.00. A plaque on the Winslow family plot stone reads: “To the everlasting memory of Loring S. Winslow and Mary Brown Winslow who in 1856 obtained from the Unites States government the original grant to the tract of land on which this memorial is erected and in 1866 removed thereto from Vermont with their seven sons: Joseph J., Charles H., Loring S., Curtis J., John E., William G., and Franklin P.” The earliest grave is that of Sarah Barnes in 1862. According to records there are two Indians buried in the Cemetery.
Poseyville Cemetery is located in Section 8 of Ingersoll Township on South Poseyville Road and also owned by the Township. The land was purchased in 1891.
Lots are available for purchase by contacting Marc McMillan, the Cemetery Sexton, at (989) 695-2238.
$250.00 lot/2 spaces for residents
$500.00 lot/2 spaces for non-residents
OPENINGS & CLOSING
$200.00 Weekdays (Cremation)
$250.00 Saturday (Cremation)
$0.30 per sq. inch